Monday 11 March 2013

7 days to go

I got a surprising and very nice email a few weeks ago.

It invited me to referee the U12 semi final of the County FA's Junior Shield competition. Of course I didn't hesitate for a second and accepted the honour appointment in a heartbeat.The game is taking place at the County HQ and is on the field that England used to train on, when they were playing games in the north of England, before St George's Park was built.

I've refereed on the field before, for a trials game between player hoping to make it to the County representative side. I was a lot lighter and fitter then BUT the pace took every ounce of strength out of me and I only did the last 60 minutes.

So this time next week, I will have showered and be enjoying a quiet drink with my assistants reflecting on a job well done after we have looked after a great game of football. Can't wait!

No comments: