Sunday 25 August 2013

Pre-season training

I didn't bother too much with pre-season training last year and across the course of the season my weight shot up. Combined with the inactivity brought on by a period out of work, I touched just over 18St (115kg).

I decided to start training on June 3 and while I found it tough, I persevered ... until August 12 that is ... just 3 days before my 50th birthday when I picked up a calf injury. It's responding well to rest and I managed a few minutes jogging on Friday without too much of a reaction.

I used to spend time publishing the records of my training from screen prints of my heart rate monitor records. I can now link straight to them and this was one of my more recent sessions.

My weight is down now and yesterday I tipped the scales at 16st5lbs (104kg) but I want to get to 15st (95kg) by Christmas. I am on course, but I have to wait for this injury to clear up before I can start work again.

No comments: