Sunday 18 May 2014

New horizons beckon

I haven't posted since October partly because I received some advice on running the blog and partly because I got busy.

I got busy refereeing open age football, refereeing junior football, assessing promotion candidates, assessing Supply league referees (and assistants), arranging fixtures, appointing referees, tutoring new referees, appraising referee tutors and coming to a tough decision.

Since October I've refereed with my body constantly protesting. It protested through sore joints, erratic heart rates and sleepless nights caused by number or and two on this list. I therefore decided after being appointed to a County Final (U16 4th Official) and local Sunday League Final (referee), that I would hang up my whistle.

14 years and 4 days after I passed my Referee's exam, I blew the final whistle on my final game which was a final. This morning I have helped with the organisation of the last of our four District FA Finals and there is one (title deciding) league game to be played. 

From there I will become more involved in the administration of local football AND I have a trip to an international tournament planned as a coach to two other referees. ¡Vamos a la Madrid Sur Cup!

No comments: